Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery has been on the top of the agenda for many agile software development teams for the last few years. The success in agile software development strongly depends on the team’s ability to quickly roll out features to the end users and continuously improve the software incorporating the feedback from the end users. Shorter the cycle, better the user satisfaction would be. An efficient CI/CD pipeline would be the key to achieving such quick turnarounds.
With the growing number of available CI / CD tools on the market, teams may find it difficult to make decisions to select the right tools. Before selecting a tool or a platform you should outline your workflow and decide about your environments. Start with asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to deploy your applications in the cloud?
- Are you going to release your apps frequently?
- Do you want to make automation end to end?
- Do you want to use orchestration tools?
- Do you want to use Chat/Ops? Like do you want to deploy from your slackbot.