Do you ever get to the point where you think that you don’t have the time to improve your business (even just a little bit?) Well I went through this very thing this week. This week I have been so busy doing non marketing things that I have found very little time to do any marketing at all!
Yeah, I know before I sound like a hypocrite from previous posts, stop watching tv, procrastinating and doing useless tasks I have actually been very busy this week.
My daughter and her infinite two and a half year old’s wisdom decided she wanted to move into a new bed room. So having decided this, my wife proceeded to buy, pink paint, pink rugs, pink polka dot curtains, a giant princess wall mural and so on and so on. And as I am quite handy and rather like DIY I got to work for a couple of days.
As well as the bed room I have also had among other things, various nursery appointments, just started a new gym (very cool), played squash, attended my brothers 40th birthday and prepared for this coming weekend in Belfast with friends, and a bit more stuff. So all in all I have been offline busy.
This brings me to the post title ‘10 Business Improvement in 15 minutes!‘ even if you are mega busy, you can still find time to fit some small tasks into your day. Here are a few tasks which you can do in 15 minutes to help you along:
1. Write a blog post (I’m currently 7 minutes in to this one) Spell check might take another 15 however
2.Organise your knowledge.
3. Connect with someone on Twitter and Facebook and have a micro chat about your business.
4. Build a business road map, or at least start one. Create a plan for the next month ahead and what you intend to do.
5. Add a monetising stream to your blog – affiliate banner, free eBook, promotion, subscription box etc.
6. Get a blog online if you haven’t got one already. I did it in around 12 minutes LOOK ;-).
7. Order some graphics for a product idea you have been thinking of but putting off (take the first step and force yourself to create).
8. Post a job on elance.com for an eBook, some articles or even a website. (I done this yesterday).
9. Promote a product to your mailing list. Either by searching Clickbank or one you have been yourself emailed about.
10. Get a no code solution and teach others to implement repetitive tasks.
Ok I admit it, my post did take a little longer than 15 minutes but hey 25 minutes is ok isn’t it?
These are just a few things you can do when you are pushed for time. If you have anymore 15 minute or so quickies you can do from day to day please share in the comments section, I would love to hear them!